All the key details about the new Apple iPhone 13 series - Australian release date, pricing and all the new features to look forward to.
- same shape but a smaller notch
- brighter display - 28x brighter than iPhone 12
- faster A15 Bionic chip
- serious camera upgrade
- longer lasting battery
Australian pricing starts as follows:
- iPhone 13 Mini from RRP $1,199
- iPhone 13 from RRP $1,349
- iPhone 13 Pro from RRP $1,699
- iPhone 13 Pro Max from RRP $1,849
Australian Release Date | Preorders
iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Mini Highlights
- Notch The new iPhone 13 features a smaller notch. The infamous notch which houses the Face ID technology, the front-facing camera, and earpiece has shrunk by 20%. This is the first time the notch has changed since it was introduced on the iPhone X in 2017. It will allow for more screen real estate along the top edge of the phone.
- Camera Apple added major camera upgrades for the iPhone 13 series. There is a new diagonal camera layout, and the non-Pro models feature a new 12MP ultrawide sensor that lets in 47% more light. The 12MP main wide-angle camera has sensor-shift optical image stabilization, a feature previously limited to the iPhone 12 Pro Max. This will help the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini shoot beautiful photos in many lighting conditions.
- Colours The iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini will come in five new colors: pink, blue, midnight, starlight and Product Red
- Display The displays on the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro are 28% brighter, with 800 nits of brightness.
- Design The iPhone 13 series keeps a similar design to last year’s iPhone 12 series with the same squared off edges and glossy frame. The screen is once again covered in Apple’s durable Ceramic Shield for added drop protection. All four iPhone 13 models are IP68-certified for water resistance.
- Cinematic Video All four iPhone 13 models feature Cinematic Mode, which offers professional-grade cinematography to videos with Dolby Vision HDR. Cinematic Mode’s claims to dynamically shift focus and follow the subject of your video. If the subject moves, so will the focus. If the person looks away, the focus will shift to where the subject is looking.
- 5G connectivity has support for more bands.
- Battery Life The iPhone 13 mini promises 1.5 hours of more battery life, and that goes up to 2.5 hours for the iPhone 13.
- Chip New with the iPhone 13 series is the A15 Bionic system-on-chip, Apple’s most advanced chip ever. The iPhone 13 has powerful machine learning applications such as iOS 15’s new Live Text feature and Siri’s on-device speech recognition. The quad-core GPU is made for graphically-intensive gaming and photography uses. In fact, Apple claims the GPU is 30% faster than the best you’ll find on an Android phone.
iPhone Pro and iPhone Pro Max Features
- Storage Starting at 128GB and going all the way up to a new 1TB storage option.
- Camera The major difference between the iPhone 13 and the two Pro models is found in the camera. There's a new ProMotion display on the iPhone 13 Pro series that scales from 10Hz to 120Hz, and it's designed to respond dynamically. There's a new telephoto camera with 3x optical zoom, a new 6-element ultra-wide lens that lets in more light, and a wide camera with a 2.2x improvement in low light. The iPhone 13 Pro is capable of macro photography with extreme close-ups, and all of the cameras now support Night mode. A new TrueDepth camera system is 20 percent smaller for a shrunken notc
- Battery Life The iPhone 13 Pro comes with a bigger battery so you should expect longer endurance. The Pro is rated for 1.5 hours longer and the Pro Max 2.5 hours longer.
- Chip The A15 Bionic chip promises the most powerful graphics ever with 50% better performance than competing phones (rated).
- Display Brighter than the iPhone 13 models, a new Super Retina XDR display supports up to 1,000 nits for better outdoor brightness on the Pro models.
- Colours Everyone will know you have a Pro model because it has a completely separate colour range with a choice of graphite, gold, silver and new sierra blue.
- Design There's all the same design changes as the iPhone 13 plus there's a textured matte glass on the back.
MobileCorp is an Australian communications technology company providing Managed Mobility Services, Mobile Device Management, Complex Data and IP Networks, and Unified Communication solutions. We have a proven track record with Australian enterprise and business, are an Apple Reseller and Apple Authorised Service Provider, as well as a Telstra Platinum Partner.