Build out your 5G advantage
Day 1 Connectivity
This is the No.1 reason that wireless WAN is being adopted in the construction industry today. For greenfield sites, sites located on the outskirts of cities, for road and rail construction, and for large-scale projects, NBN is often unavailable or will take months to arrive. MobileCorp has already deployed 5G for primary connectivity to office demountables at the Western Sydney Airport Badgerys Creek construction site, to warehouses being constructed at Kemps Creek, to a correctional facility in regional Victoria, and for highway construction offices in Western Australia.
Working on a construction project typically involves collaboration between a large variety of stakeholders on a continued basis. To avoid delays, it’s critical that everyone stay up-to-date on any changes and have access to documentation at the right time. The speed that 5G provides will enable this level of communication and document-sharing to occur even on mobile devices, which is an added convenience.
5G can enable highly accurate asset tracking, whether it be on site equipment or personnel. Connecting to a reliable 5G wireless network can enable data processing at the edge to track temperature and air quality. A lone worker safety button can be used to alert site managers in case of an emergency and accurately convey a worker's location for immediate help. Wearable sensors can guide workers onsite to avoid hazardous zones and can also alert management if workplace safety clothing is not being worn.
Adequate monitoring of large construction sites requires cameras that are supported by low-latency connectivity. 4G has a latency rate of 200 milliseconds, LTE 15-50ms, whereas 5G offers 1ms. This fast response time can ensure that the data collected in real-time from sensors and cameras is as accurate and timely as possible. This is key when it comes to detecting security breaches or hazards on-site. Cloud management allows video viewing from anywhere.
Realtime Data Transfer
Taylor Construction in partnership with Cradlepoint and Telstra were one of the first companies in the world to utilise 5G for onsite data visualisation. Using Microsoft HoloLens mixed-reality smart glasses, Taylor employees onsite can render a virtual model of the building or elements of the construction process such as holographic structural steel, framing, or electrical schematics. The high bandwidth of 5G also allows the data-heavy transference of digital plans and drawings to be viewed on mobile devices onsite.
Remote Machine Operation
5G enables the remote autonomous operation of onsite machinery like cranes, loaders, and even Hadrian X, the world’s first fully autonomous brick laying robot invented in Western Australia. Operators can safely and remotely pilot and tele-operate drones and other vehicles. The increased bandwidth and greater capacity provided by 5G connectivity ensures important data and information are quickly and dependably transferred between operators and machines.
5G for Construction
Affordable Day 1 Availability
Removes physical limitations
Agile Network Infrastructure
High Speed - Low Latency
for construction sites
Day 1 Connectivity
5G wireless is the answer for agile and secure enterprise-grade day 1 connectivity.
It eliminates the delays in provisioning fixed connectivity. A wireless WAN can be quickly redeployed to another location if required. This flexibility makes wireless a more attractive option for sites that will have a known short duration.
In Australia we have seen examples of this use case during the bushfires to power temporary evacuation centres and during Covid19 lockdowns to securely connect pop-up testing stations. In the construction industry, 5G can be used to power on-site offices, sensors and cameras from day 1.
Having the agility to move the 5G access point as a site evolves, or in the case of road and rail construction to move it as the construction shifts is a bonus.
No wires means no digging hazard. Wires are also vulnerable to site flooding and heavy vehicles/equipment.
When a construction site is ready for handover, simply reconfigure your 5G gateway device and shift it and antenna to the next location.
Edge Computing IOT
Construction businesses are increasingly working with very large data sets for richer visualisation, real-time surveillance, and IOT sensor edge processing.
Add in new technologies, such as virtual and augmented reality (AR), and 5G is fast becoming the go-to enabler of higher bandwidth, low-latency broadband.
This is not some 'pie-in-the-sky' theoretical use case but is actually happening with progressive Australian construction companies right now.
As 5G continues to enable increasing data volumes, not everything will be able to be done in the cloud. It will require some of the computing to be done on-site with edge computing and mobile edge computing on 5G networks. Proximity to data at its source is extremely necessary in construction.
In time, it will be possible to sensor virtually anything on a worksite, allowing companies to collect data from tools and materials.
Sensors are already being used in concreting to assess cure time. With smart building IoT sensors and 5G, contractors can create a digital twin of the building with data from the very start of the project throughout its life.
Visualising your 5G Construction Site Network
Find your 5G Today!
share in our stories where technology is the hero
MobileCorp Professional Deployment
Trust MobileCorp with your Enterprise Wireless construction connectivity solution. We are Australia's leading Cradlepoint 5G/LTE partner and a Telstra 5G specialist partner. We have deployed some of Australia's first Enterprise Wireless networks and are currently deploying 5G access solutions at the Western Sydney Airport construction site. These are the four steps to a successful 5G deployment.
and Onsite Survey
The 5G network continues to in-fill with increased small cell density, however each site will need to be investigated to ensure 5G is a viable access technology onsite. LTE/5G is also a future-proofed solution.
Professional installation of your 5G gateway device and directional antenna to optimise signal strength.
Secured, tested and monitored via NetCloud portal.
Connect to the best
In most cases, Telstra will have the strongest and most reliable 5G signal availability at site. MobileCorp manages the SIM activation and ensures the best value enterprise wireless plan is applied.
MobileCorp is the Cradlepoint APAC MSP of the Year 2022. Our managed service includes 24/7 monitoring, technical support desk, Cradlepoint out-of-band device management, Telstra carriage management and more.
Enterprise Mobility & Network Services
Protect your end user productivity, control your costs, unburden your IT team and be supported by the experts.
- A single point of contact for your mobile connectivity
- Swift execution of your requests with direct access to Telstra back-end systems
- Local support experts providing friendly responsive service to SLAs
- Transparency and accountability at every stage of the lifecycle
- MobileCorp uses encryption technology to protect your data while at rest and in transit. Browser connections are secured by TLS/SSL
Telecom Expense Management
Peace of mind that you are being billed accurately and not paying more than you need to.
- Expense management delivers guaranteed cost savings
- Makes sense of terabytes of billing data, distilling it into meaningful action points
- Identifies cost saving opportunities and ACTs upon them
- Monitors end user behaviour for policy compliance
Mobile Device Management
For visibility, transparency, security and compliance
- MDM allows zero-touch deployment of devices. Open the box – switch on – work.
- MDM with customised profiles allows remote management of OS and applications.
- Deploy critical and custom applications, push updates, block inappropriate use. Jamf, VMware, Microsoft Intune.
Managed Endpoint Security
For threat detection and defence, and zero trust private access
- Providing security at the network and endpoint layers
- Ensures Mobile Data Policy compliance
- MobileCorp managed service provides licensing, deployment, monitoring, security service desk, issue resolution, and reporting
- We recommend Jamf Threat Defence powered by Wandera for zero-day threat detection on mobile devices (also known as Telstra Mobile Protect)
Essential 8 Cyber Security
Essential 8 is the Australian cyber security framework that is endorsed by the ACSC as the minimum cyber security standard for industry. MobileCorp offers two Essential 8 solutions to audit, remediate, and provide an uplift to your cyber security posture.
- Construction is a key target vertical for cyber attacks aimed at obtaining information and/or commercial advantage.
- Construction companies risk enormous commercial loss and liability for delays to projects due to cyber attack.
- Cyber attacks may compromise confidential business information or result in unauthorised access to project, plant, data and specifications.
- Construction relies on Internet of Things devices for asset tracking, worksite security, machine control, wearable technology and this increases the attack vector.
- more. This interconnected approach—along with surveillance devices like IP cameras and GPS-connected drones, and a lack of industry cyber defense—has resulted in a serious rise in successful cyber attacks. Construction companies also rely on associations with third parties—such as subcontractors—making them even more vulnerable.
Network and IT Managed Services
Like having an inhouse expert networking team. Bolster your capability or capacity.
- Technical support service desk
- Managed desktops, endpoints, network
- Microsoft 365 and Teams expertise
- SD-WAN, Cradlepoint Wireless WAN, Telstra TIPT, NBN, Telephony network specialists
- Flexible IT support - plug a gap, complement inhouse capabilities, or hand off workload
The future is wireless.
Our 5G Partners
Cradlepoint is the global leader in enterprise wireless solutions and first to market with 5G capable hardware. Cradlepoint solutions deliver a pathway to 5G through 4GX LTE and are the backbone of Telstra’s enterprise 5G networks. MobileCorp is an Authorised Cradlepoint Partner and offers Cradlepoint solution design and managed service.
MobileCorp is a Telstra Platinum Partner for Mobility, a Telstra Platinum Partner for Services, and a Telstra Gold Partner for Data & IP. Our shared history spans 30+ years and MobileCorp provides solutions and support to hundreds of Telstra Enterprise and Business customers. MobileCorp’s services can be charged as a monthly fee on the Telstra bill.
Learn more about 5G
The latest 5G news from our TechTalk blog
Our Most Valuable Asset. Why We Do What We Do.