flying by the seat of the pants must have been a great experience for the magnificent men in the flying machines of days gone by, but no one would think of taking that risk with the lives of 500 passengers on a modern aircraft…
“the business managers of a modern enterprise should not have to take that risk either. We must develop standard cloud metrics and ROI models, so that they can have instruments to measure success
What is a cloud infrastructure audit?
A cloud infrastructure audit is an examination of a cloud computing instance through inquiry, physical inspection, observation, confirmation and analytics procedures.
It is the result of a constant three-way negotiation between the organisation, the cloud service provider (CSP), and end users, to ensure productivity while maintaining security.
What is included in a cloud audit?
The primary goals are to determine if the information system and its maintainers are:
- meeting legal expectations around protection of customer data
- protecting the company against security threats
- contributing towards business goals and objectives
- positioned to meet future business needs.
The audit will form an opinion over the design and operational effectiveness of controls in the following areas:
- security incidents
- network security
- logical and physical access
- system operations
- system development or change management
- risk management
- data management
- vulnerability and remediation management
- organisational adoption and compliance
This body of work can be completed by an in-house resource but there are obvious advantages of objectivity and credibility with internal stakeholders, when an independent third-party independent group is engaged.
MobileCorp cloud audit professional service
A MobileCorp cloud audit will:
- collect information on the organisation’s cloud-based information systems, practices, policies and operations
- provide a detailed assessment of the current infrastructure design and its ability to meet business objectives
- critically analyse the information for compliance, threats, or opportunities for process improvement
- provide audit documentation highlighting opportunities and threats, and presenting recommendations for consideration
The outcomes of a MobileCorp cloud infrastructure audit are:
- clarity and reassurance
- risk mitigation
- identification of opportunities for improvement
- legal and regulatory compliance (if relevant)